Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Paseo!!


This week seems to be flying by as Friday (the day I leave for Baltimore) is right around the corner.  Yesterday I got to spend some time with some of my favorite peeps here. It was so good to spend time with all the kiddos at the Josephine before I’m away for a while.  After the 40 min walk there, I can’t help but smile when I’m greeted by all the kids.

Yesterday we went on a little paseo (“field-trip”).  It was just down the road to a little store to get some Gatorade as a special treat for all the kids to share, but I was amazed at how excited the kids were about it and how much they enjoyed it.  It was fun to see them so interested in different things on the way, like trees they haven’t seen, flowers, and of course, the chanchos(pigs). I did end up carrying one of then kids on the way back, but it was well worth it.    
I’m glad to have had the chance to spend some time with all the kids(and 4 infants) before leaving Cusco for a bit.  It will be good to see them when I get back.
the long road back....

Snack time after the long walk

one of the newest additions to the JH, cute little Samuel at 3wks

nail polish is an amazing thing...

painting rocks with the boys!

sweet Adriano!

No comments:

Post a Comment