Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas is coming!!

I’m so excited that the Christmas season has officially arrived for me.  Christmas in Cusco always seems a bit strange for me, mainly because it doesn’t feel like Christmas at all.  Since our weather is opposite the weather in the States (we’re in the middle of spring and coming up on summer, which the kids here are getting excited about) it doesn’t feel like the right time of year to be having Christmas.

This past week I was tasked with making a few dozen cookies for a Christmas cookie exchange. AAACK!!  I’m a huge fan of baking, but I’ve had a bit of bakers anxiety since moving to Cusco at an altitude of 11,000 feet.  Over the past year I’ve been able to get a handle on breads and cakes, but for some reason, cookies haven’t ever worked out for me.  But, I went ahead and attempted one of my favorite Christmas cookies.  To my surprise, they turned out great!  I was so excited, especially since some valuable imports from the States were used to make the cookies.

It’s a really good thing they turned out well since they ended up making more than 5 dozen.  Otherwise, I would have had a lot of cookies to get rid of…..  yay!! Christmas is coming!!


yay for peanut blossems!!

No comments:

Post a Comment