Friday, April 1, 2011

Encounters

Ok, so I thought that after living in Cusco for six months now, people in my little neighborhood were finally used to seeing me. I was proved wrong today. I've found it interesting the responses I've received after greeting people on the street from time to time. People usually respond, but other times, it's as if I'm invisible and end up getting no response at all(which is fine I guess.... I am a bit out of place for them?).

Well, today on my way to work I said good morning to this older woman. She immediately started talking to me and then proceeded to touch my hair and remark about the color. And then she started talking about my eyes and how they were the color of the sky. Wow!! I'm used to kids staring or making comments about the gringa, but adults don't usually say anything It just made me laugh for some reason.

I guess it's my every now and then reminder that I'm Cusqueñian....

No comments:

Post a Comment