Saturday, April 30, 2011

What??

I guess I have good and bad days with Spanish and it seems that ever day there's at least one person I just can't understand. Frustrating as it is, I think I've finally come to accept it and can now move on. I am comforted when other who have been speaking Spanish for years have mentioned that there's some Spanish speaking people they just can't understand. These incidents aren't usually that big of a deal and is at the most, a couple of minuets of either being lost in a conversation or asking the person to repeat themselves one more time.

Well, yesterday was extra special because my person per day quota happened to be someone I saw on a home visit. Even better was that the visit ended up being three and a half hours. In my defense, there was some Quechua mixed in there at times.

Needless to say it was a long visit and unfortunately I had very little to contribute to the conversation...

No comments:

Post a Comment