Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pausa

Last week I had the opportunity to go on a little vacation to Arequipa with my German BFF. It was SOOO nice!! It was great to visit with our Peruvian families, visit some places I’ve really missed, see some of our Peruvian friends, visit the school we studied at, go to some great restaurants, and so much more. . Some of the people we met with knew we were coming and some didn’t (the surprises were really fun!!). In many ways, it felt like I were coming home for a visit. It’s where I started my experience with cross cultural living and so much more. Seeing my Peruvian family was the next best thing to seeing my family in the States. It was nice to catch up with them, share about what life is like for me in Cusco and to hear about what’s going on with them as well. I almost laughed when my Peruvian mom set aside a special plate for me that was different from everyone else's(after a six month battle over portion sizes for me, I finally won!!! My plate had less than everyone else had:)

I was amazed by how much the city has changed in the past six months since I’ve lived there. There are now three more malls, another movie theater, and lots of new restaurants. Yikes!! We did visit the new spots, but really enjoyed going to old favorites. My favorite dog in the park where my friend and I were almost robbed was even there on the Sunday afternoon we went to the park.

Even though I haven’t traveled all that much in Peru,Arequipa has a special place in my heart and is my first love in Peru, so as you can imagine, it was a pretty sweet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment