Sunday, March 13, 2011

Back to the land of the living....

Well, it feels like a month of my life is now missing. After a month of absence, I’m trying to get back into the habit of writing as life seems to be getting back to normal for me(except for feeling tired a lot of the time). I feel like such an old lady...

This past week I finally made it to the Josephine house to spend some time with the kids. It was great. Since I had been gone, one child had been adopted and a new baby has come to live there. The new baby boy is ADORABLE(he's 10 months old)!! He was stabbed and mom had left him at the hospital and we don't really know anything about dad. Sounds like a difficult situation and I'm just thankful that there was space in the Josephine house to care for this little boy. Despite the difficult situation this little boy came from, he's the most happy, easy going, good natured little kid. One of the other kids in the process of learning parts of the body and was so excited to play the “point to the body parts I call out” game. It was quite entertaining.... Another toddler has been learning to stand and walk with help and is figuring out how to pull herself up. I don't really like that I have been away for such a long time, but on my first day back,it was cool to see all kinds of new things the kiddos could do.

And......I'm finally working at the clinic full time, yay!!! One of the nurses has gone out on maternity leave, so I'll be working there full time for at least the next three months. It's been great to get back to working there full time and get to know the patients even better. We continue to be super busy just about every day we're open. It should be an interesting couple of months....

No comments:

Post a Comment