Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Finally here



After a fairly pain free flight over the Atlantic ocean, I have arrived in Brussels. Yay!!! With no complications or crazy moments so far..... I'm optimistic that it's going to be a great 4 weeks.

The conference center/dorm I'll be calling home for a little while is very quaint and tucked away in a cute little village. I had an opportunity to explore a little bit and am thankful that I didn't get lost this time around... It's a bit cold and drafty in the house, but I'm enjoying staying in a neat old house (thank you all who strongly suggested I bring lots of sweaters). I'll be living with two other women in a dorm room and will be sharing a shower with 10 other women(that should be interesting...). I guess it's good prep for me since I'll be living with a host family for six months while I'm in language school. It should be a nice place to stay for the next four weeks.

It looks like I'll be pretty busy while I'm here with plenty of time in the classroom, work in local churches, and homework too. Hopefully there will be time to sleep too!! I just found out today that I'll be working at a Korean church while I'm here. This is going to be a great adventure!!

I'm excited to meet people in the community and spend time in Brussels, but am also looking forward to listening to and learning what God is going to teach me during my time here. I'm sure it will be a fruitful time for me as I prepare to go to Peru (50 days to go...). Thank you all for continuing to pray for me and support me as I walk through the process of getting to the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment