Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hard goodbyes

As my time in Cusco comes to a close, I have been able to see and spend time with dear friends have started having to say some sad goodbyes. Yesterday I went to visit and say goodbye to the kids at La Casa Josefina.  I was glad to see all the kids after being away for so long.  It was so sweet to get hugged and tackled by them and just enjoy being around them and playing with them. 

My time with the kids at La Casa Josefina has been one of my favorite things in Cusco and I will dearly miss spending time with all of them.  As I think about Jesus’ love for orphans, I am so thankful for the people involved in this ministry and how they love all the children.  As I have witnessed a few children come into the home, they are sometimes in shock and are a bit withdrawn.  Its been neat to watch as they gradually become more open and thrive on being loved by the people who care for them. 

I feel privileged to have had a glimpse of what God is doing through his people in this ministry and am thankful to have met all of the kids.  This was one place I will dearly miss after I go back to the States, but am encouraged by everyone who cares for and have a special love for the kids.  And, I’m thankful for the time I was given to love on each and every sweet kid, it’s been great!

some of the funnest and silliest kids I've ever known 


No comments:

Post a Comment