Friday, March 23, 2012

Transitions for all...

I know it’s been a month or so since I’ve come back to the States, but I thought I’d give a little update on my cat drama.  Sam, my Peruvian cat traveled to the States like a champ (thank you all for praying for that potentially disastrous  trip).  After finally finding someone who would give me medication to sedate him, I was able to travel a little more at ease.  He didn’t make much noise at all for the 17 hour trip (except crying a little for the landing).  I was really impressed and relieved when it was all over.

His adjustment to living with another cat hasn’t gone so well.  He wants to play with the other cat, who is a good bit older and isn’t interested at all.  There has been lots of hissing and Sam always has lots of scratches on his face.  He doesn’t seem to want to give up on the idea that one day the other cat might want to play with him.

Hopefully in the  near future they will get along(or at least tolerate each other…)

The closest together I've ever seen them on peaceful terms(with the distraction of birdwatching)

No comments:

Post a Comment