Thursday, March 25, 2010

Finally!!!

I'm here!!! Three planes, two drug sniffing dogs in the lovely country of Columbia, and a great time in customs, I'm through traveling for a while. Yay!!! I've been in Arequipa for almost four days. It's beautiful here!! Actually, I'm just a fan of the mountains, lovely flowers, and warm sun (not all the business of the city).

Once I got here I started off running. Classes started the morning after I arrived, so there's already lots of learning going on here(I think...). I'm pretty much fluent in Spanish at this point, so I'll be moving to Cusco next week(just kidding). I'm still a beginner and probably sound like a 2 year old learning to talk at this point. So far, it's been a good experience.

The host family I'm be living with for the next six months is lovely. They are so warm and welcoming(great cooking too!) They don't speak much English, so we have fun conversations with English/Spanish, pantomime, and plenty of laughing. It's great!!

I'm sure there are plenty of adventures to come. God has been faithful in bringing me here and I'm looking forward to what He has in store for me in the next six months and beyond!!

Thank y'all for continuing to pray for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment