Monday, March 1, 2010

Baby steps....

This past month has been filled with new possibilities and surprises. It looks like circumstances in Cusco have changed and I am now revisiting the possibility of serving there. The work I’d be involved in would be a bit different than I had previously expected, but there is still a great need for the gospel in this hard to reach people group in Cusco . There is also an opportunity for me to serve in another city in Peru and I am exploring it as a possible place that God might be calling me to.

My current plan is to attend language school in Arequipa, Peru to learn Spanish. I can make a decision about the final destination while I’m in school. Regardless of where I end up, I can rest in the fact that God will use me for His purposes wherever I go. I’m not exactly sure what my end destination is at this point, but I’m trusting that God will show me in His perfect timing. I’ll start with learning Spanish and we’ll see what the next step is.

My new departure date is March 22nd. I’m looking forward to what God has in store for me and where that might be. God has taught me so much this past month and in the end, I am thankful for His love and care for me as I go through this time of uncertainty. Thank you all for continuing to pray with me as I walk through this adventure.


21 days...

2 comments:

  1. Abby, I've been praying for you and will continue to do so...one step at a time. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby! Glad to hear that you're on the way to language school. May the Lord guide you to the place he has chosen for you.

    Blessings,

    Johnny

    ReplyDelete