Sunday, March 14, 2010

Adios!!

It’s hard to believe it, but the time has finally come….. Just one week from today I will be starting my adventure to Peru. Time has been flying by. Amazingly, most of the last minute things on my to do list have been taken care of and I’m starting to see straight again. I’m starting to feel kind of organized. Praise God!! The bags are getting packed and hopefully they will contain everything I thought I packed… Any suggestions for strange stuff I might not have thought of to pack yet would be greatly appreciated.

As I go through this next week, please pray for me as I tie up loose ends, make final preparations, and say goodbye to dear family and friends. I head out this coming Monday (March 22). I’ll be flying out of New York and making a couple of stops before I get to my final destination. You can pray that I arrive in Arequipa in one piece with all of my bags. I’m praying for a green light as I go through customs (if I get the red light they’ll go through my bags). It’s just more of a nuisance to go through all of that

I’ll be staying with a host family while I’m in school. I’m looking forward to the experience of living with a Peruvian family and being immersed into their culture and the Spanish language as well. It should be great!!

There are so many things to look forward to and lots of exciting things right around the corner. It is my prayer that throughout all of this I keep my eyes on Christ, that I don’t lose sight of what He has called me to as I step into the mission field.

See y’all on the other side!!

7 days….

3 comments:

  1. Hurrah! I will be praying. Voy a practicar mi poquito español: disfruta tu tiempo con su nueva familia peruana. Yo he conocido a unas mujeres peruanas aqui en Boston, en una clase de conversación Español/Ingles. Son muy divertidas y es un placer conocerlas. Tambien visité un restaurante peruana la semana pasada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan!! It appears that you know more spanish than me at this point. I'll get back to you next week when I have mastered the Spanish language...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buenos dias, senorita! :)

    The few Spanish words I remember at the moment and am sending along with no finders' fee are:

    abierto (open) & cerrado (closed) (These two are compliments of my Sesame Street watching.)
    zapatos (shoes)
    cabeza (head)
    hola (hi)
    tambien (also)
    esperanza (hope)
    rojo (red)
    gato (cat)

    Hmm...guess I know a few more than I thought! Thanks for keeping us updated. :)

    many hugs,
    abundance07 (DG)

    ReplyDelete