Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Apagado

So, I’m doing stuff around my house in the evening and all of a sudden the lights are gone. It’s not a real regular thing for the lights to go off here. Yes, it’s dry season, so it’s more than reasonable for the water to be turned off at night, no prob. To be honest, I can’t remember that last time the electricity was turned off.
Thankfully, I have a candle fetish, so I was in great shape for lighting up my house for a bit. It was quite a sight to see. At one point, my neighbor came by to see if I was alright with candles and such. I think she might have been laughing inside after she stepped foot into my house and saw my house lit up with candles almost as bright as if I had electricity and had my lights on.
It was a nice cozy night and a good reminder to me to be thankful that I almost always have electricity and water(oh yeah, and a gas heater too…)

No comments:

Post a Comment