Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Getting Started

Well, it's been an interesting couple of weeks getting to know San Jeronimo, and it's surrounding areas. As I've been working on making my house an actual home. I've also been spending more time in the clinic and going on home visits.

Every day that I've been in the clinic, it's been super busy with patients with many different medical problems. One of the M.D.'s that had been working at the clinic has gone back to the U.K. for HMA(home missionary assignment) and will be there for the next four months. So, the M.D who is here right now has been and I imagine will continue to be quite busy.

The nurses have been busy showing me around and helping me with my Spanish, the metric system, and Peruvian culture. It's been a bit of a challenge since much of the vocabulary in the medical setting is so very different from the every day vocabulary that I've learned over the past six months.

So, it's been good to get my feet wet here and I'm looking forward to the other possibilities ahead. Hopefully this won't be another lesson in patience, but I'm pretty sure that's what it will turn out to be. Guess I should get ready for the wild ride ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment