Monday, October 4, 2010

Home!!

Well, I'm here. After an enjoyable 10 hour bus ride I'm finally in Cusco. I'm serious about the enjoyable bus ride this time around. It was pretty much uneventful except for the losing my ticket part. I had to wait a while to get all of my bags. Thankfully I had locked my luggage and had the keys, so I could prove it was mine by opening the locks. All worked out and was pretty funny for my friend who was traveling with me....

It's good to be in the city I'll be calling home for the next couple of years, but does feel pretty strange not to be in school or studying. I still have plenty to do as far as set up, but I'm happy to be done with the moving lots of stuff and the hassle with all of that. I'm still current homeless, but am happy to report that I'm not living under the bridge I had previously thought I'd be calling home for a while. I'll be staying with my bosses family for a while til I can find a place to live. Cusco is a bit of a change from the city of Arequipa, but it's absolutely beautiful here. I'd forgotten how close the mountains are and how many wide open spaces there are here. It's beautiful!! I'm looking forward to hiking some of those mountains hopefully in near future.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to get more settled into home and work asap. Many surprises are ahead for me on that side of things and I'm excited to have less mysteries in that part of life, but wouldn't be surprised if God's answer to this request is NO, you need to wait a bit more.... For now I'm trying to be patient and enjoy the ride.

I'm looking forward to a little bit of travel this week. I'll be attending an retreat with Mission to the World for the missionaries in Latin America. Should be a good time of fellowship and renewal. I'm thankful for God's timing with my transition from school to Cusco and having the opportunity to attend this retreat. Hopefully I'll be sane when I get back...

Hasta Luego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment