Sunday, September 19, 2010

ojalá.....

Were has the time gone? Seriously... I can't believe that I've been here for just a couple days shy of six months. That's means I've been in school for almost 26 weeks. It's really hard for me to believe my time here is just about up. It's been such a fun experience. I've come to love the people of Arequipa, even if everyone and their mother on the streets thinks I want to talk with them. As strange as it has been at times, I think I'm going to miss all the random conversations with total strangers(mostly in the parks...). I've really enjoyed my time in school too. The school has become my family here and I'm really going to miss them(they probably won't miss my crazy antics though....)

As school finishes up, I'm desperately trying to squeeze as much Spanish into my brain as possible. Its an interesting challenge as my brain is asking to quit. I don't think that's going to fly if I want to continue to live. I knew the day would come, but I'm now faced with the reality that I will so very soon be forced to function in the real world again. My bubble is going away......

I am very excited to start working again as a nurse and am a bit curious about what God has for me in my quickly approaching future in Cusco. As of right now, there are lots of unknowns about Cusco, so I'm in the process of attempting to become Peruvian in how I react to ever changing plans. It's been a good lesson in flexibility and in trusting God. So for now, I'm just trying to hang on an enjoy the ride. I'm sure the next couple of weeks in Arequipa will fly right by and before I know it, I'll be in Cusco starting up even more trouble.....

hasta luego,

No comments:

Post a Comment