Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Almost Home

When I left Arequipa last week, I wondered what might be in store for me in Cuzco As I've been in school the past four months I've had many questions floating around my brain about what God's plans for me in Cuzco might look like.

The 10 hour bus ride there was quite interesting. It was quite comfortable except for the confused woman behind be grabbing at my head and then getting up and trying to walk around the bus pretty much all night long with her son every now and then saying: “cállate , sientate (shut up/be quiet and sit down). It was a great night. Needless to say, I was very excited to get off that bus in Cuzco. I'd forgotten how much colder it is in Cuzco than Arequipa. That will be a fun adjustment.... I'd also forgotten about all of the beautiful Mountains everywhere you look. Absolutely breath taking!!

My second day was great. I had an opportunity to drive about two or three hours outside of Cuzco with my team leader and his family. It was my first time into the countryside around Cuzco It was different from other parts of Peru I've been to. It was beautiful!!

Sadly, the next day my body decided it didn't like Cuzco and I ended up sick for the next two days or so. As I returned to the land of the living, I enjoyed some time of fellowship with my new team and get to know them a bit. I had the opportunity to worship at the Presbyterian Church on Sunday. It was great and I'm looking forward to worshiping there in the future.

I also got to spend some time at the orphanage that my team runs. There's nothing like walking into a room and having five new best friends for life hugging and crawling all over you. The kids always love attention, so I got to be a big kid for a while (so much fun!!)

I also had some adult time and was able to start ironing out some details about my upcoming move to Cuzco (which is quickly approaching in October...). For now, I'm trying to squeeze in as much Spanish as possible in the next couple of months, but am looking forward to finishing school and moving. It should be an exciting next couple of months....

Oh yeah, the trip back was much smoother than the way there (everyone on the bus was quiet and well behaved...)



Yes, I know it's random, but this is the only picture I took in Cuzco this time. I just thought it was so cute... I was so excited to find out my team leader has a kitten!! For those of you who don't know, I have just a small obsession with cats.

3 comments:

  1. so... are the Peru kitties any different from the US kitties?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Yan--they meow in Spanish and wear sombreros...
    *&*
    Glad you spent time exploring. The wide open spaces look great.
    What sorts of things are needed at the orphanage that we could send?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're even cuter here Yan... And I think they're crying out for me to adopt one asap....

    ReplyDelete