Friday, December 4, 2009

On my way.....

I am very excited to announce that I am ALMOST completely funded. Yay!!! Praise God!! This means that I'll be going to Brussels for pre-field training in January and then Peru in late February. Since today is pretty much my target date/deadline for having my funds in, I am reminded that God does provide in His perfect timing. Thank you all for your generous prayer and financial support. It has been an interesting week of attempting to rest in the fact that God loves me and knows what's best for me. I'm just thankful that what I want this time around has lined up with God's perfect will for my life.

Yesterday was a great day filled with much joy and excitement. After getting the go ahead from MTW, I was finally able to quit my current job ( a big step for me!!). It was such a relief for me as my boss was not aware of my plans to move to Peru. That was an interesting conversation...... It was a great opportunity to share about what I will be doing and why I'm doing it.

I'm looking forward to celebrating Jesus' birthday at home with my family(I won't have to work since I'll be unemployed as of December 22nd. No worries...I have a job offer that looks promising and it looks like there is an opening starting in January). In January I'll be in Belgium for a month for training and then tentatively I'll be heading to Peru in late February.

Thank you all for praying for me as I move closer to my departure to Cusco, Peru. Please pray for the rest of my support to come while I'm in Belgium. All I need to meet my goal is $100/month. I'm so close and give thanks to God for that. As I prepare for departure please pray for me as I tie up all the loose ends here. It seems like there is plenty to do in a limited amount of time, but again.... I need to remember that God is in control.

God is good and has blessed me with an awesome supportive family and so many really sweet friendships. I am so thankful for all of the people He has placed in my life and for their encouragement, care, and support as I move closer to the work I have been called to.

Many thanks to all who continue to read about and support me in this adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool Abby..and yes, we read your blog!! You said you were almost to your $$ goal. How much short are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee!! We read your blog too! Can you post pictures next time? Haha... giving you more work to do.

    ReplyDelete